Nourishing, warming, soothing
Home made chicken soup Nourishing, warming, smoothing.... these are just a few of the adjectives used to describe chicken soup. This staple dish is also a great source of collagen to support: ⭐️strong nails ⭐️healthy hair ⭐️skin elasticity ⭐️ligaments and tendons ⭐️gut health I’ve used leftover organic chicken from our roast dinner yesterday to produce this power packed soup for lunch today. The extra stock will be frozen and added to family meals such as paella and noodle dishes.
· 1 organic chicken carcass
· 3 cloves garlic minced
· 1 large onion chopped
· 2 carrots chopped
· 2 celery stalks chopped
-2 stalks of cavelo nera leaves
1 tsp carraway seeds
1 tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
· 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
1. Add the carcass to a slow cooker.
2. Add the water, onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar and celery and cover the carcass with water and simmer on high.
3. Once the soup is boiling, turn down the temperature to medium and simmer for 12 hours.
4. Top up the water to the top if the levels reduce
5. After 12 hours remove the carcass
6 Add the carrots, cavelo nero, carraway seeds and simmer for an extra hour
7 Add seasoning
8 Add a serving of cooked rice to your bowl
9 Pour the soup over the rice and enjoy
10. Freeze the remaining soup in glass stackable containers in the freezer #healthylunch #skincare #hairhealth #nailhealth #osteoarthritis #chickensoup #guthealth #guthealthmatters #nutrition #colchester